Amla has medicinal properties which are extremely beneficial for health. At the same time, the amla tree is also considered to have
religious significance. According to the Hindu Panchang, the Navami of Shukla Paksha is celebrated as Amla Navami in the month of
Kartik. It is also known as Akshaya Navami. Today is Amla Navami. There is legislation to worship the amla tree on this day. On
this day, people worship the amla tree along with fasting and there is also legislation to sit under the tree and eat after the puja.
Know the importance of Amla Navami Na Pujan Vidhi
Amla Navami Shubh Muhurat
Kartik Mas Shukla Paksha Navami Date Begins - 12th November 2021 Day Friday from 05.51 am Kartik Mas Shukla Paksha Navami Date Ends - 13th November 2021 Day Saturday at 05.31 AM Akshaynavami Morning Time - 06.41 am to 12.05 pm. Total duration - 05 hours 24 minutes
Importance of Amla Navami
Bathing in Brahma Muhurat is considered to be of special importance throughout Kartik month but it is believed that bathing on
Amla Navami leads to the attainment of Akshaya Punya. Lord Vishnu is believed to reside at the root of the amla tree. Amla tree is
worshipped on Amla Navami to wish for good health and happiness, prosperity and peace. According to religious belief, the Treta
yuga began on this day
Amla Navami Puja Vidhi
- Take a bath in the morning on the ninth day and resolve to fast
- On the day of Amla Navami, worship the amla tree with turmeric, kumkum, flowers etc.
- Offer water and raw milk at the root of the amla tree.
- Circumambulate eight times in the stem of the amla tree, wrapping raw yarn or radish.
- Then read the story or listen to it after performing the puja.
- In the same way, one should sit under the amla tree and eat with the family members on this day